Men's MinistryBible Study - Men's Breakfast - Promise Keepers
The purpose of the men’s ministry is to forge relationships with other Christian men, to be effective leaders in our families and in our community and to demonstrate the saving love of Jesus.
It’s true that men normally isolate themselves and try and do everything in their own strength, it’s simply “a guy thing”. But like a coal removed from the fire, the spark of Christian faith can fade and grow cold if we don’t overcome this natural reluctance to share. We need fellowship, no matter how strong we think we are!
Men’s Life Group –
Every Tuesday at 7.30 pm at Craigs. Contact Mike Longstaff if you are interested (235 0131).
Men’s Small Groups
The idea is to have a small group of 4-5 guys who meet together to share, support each other and discover God’s wisdom. Small groups like this have also been shown to foster true and lasting friendships. They are ‘safe’ places where you can talk about issues in your life, knowing that everything will be kept in the strictest confidence (’cause we are all guys, and all on this same walk).
Generally, we use the weekly men’s group study materials provided by Promise Keepers. These are a good start to conversation and an “ice breaker” to sharing.
If you feel you would like some encouragement and would like to really grow your faith, join in and fill out your details in the contact form, mentioning your interest in joining a men’s small group.
Wednesday 7.30 pm Men’s Study Group Leader: Mike Longstaff (235 0131) at 11 Magnolia Drive.
Thursday 10 am Men’s Study Group Leader: Dave Whitlow (235 2450) at 39 George Street.
We normally meet at 7:30 AM on the the second Saturday of the month for our Men’s Breakfast in the dining room (Cost is $5.00 but breakfast is free for first timers).
“As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another” Proverbs 27:17.
Waiuku Christian Fellowship’s Men’s Ministry is proud to be associated with Promise Keepers New Zealand as a partnership church.
Promise Keepers is a Christ-centred ministry dedicated to uniting men through vital relationships to become godly influences in their world.
THE 7 PROMISES OF A PROMISE KEEPER
A Promise Keeper is committed to…
- Honouring Jesus Christ through worship, prayer, and obedience to God’s Word in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Pursuing vital relationships with a few other men, understanding that he needs brothers to help him keep his promises.
- Practising spiritual, moral, ethical, and sexual purity.
- Building a strong marriage and family through love, protection, and biblical values.
- Supporting the mission of his church by honouring and praying for his pastor and by actively giving his time and resources.
- Reaching beyond any racial and denominational barriers to demonstrate the power of biblical unity.
- Influencing his world, being obedient to the Great Commandment (Mark 12:30,31) and the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19,20).
As a group, we attend Promise Keepers annual men’s ministry weekend in Auckland.